Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year: a year in First Days

Let's work backwards with the retrospective this year. Preparing this annual post is fun; finding out what was on my mind at the beginning of each month is fascinating.

November: Must have been a Tuesday. Another Apple Crisp!
October: Random Dental Thoughts If you're wondering, I did call the doctor after my dentist appointment. The nurse thought my nitrous story was hilarious.
September: She Needs to Read - if you're wondering about this student, she's still around. Stability is no longer a foreign concept.
August: Math, Math, Math. August, and I was already preparing to teach. I'm more skilled at teaching reading and writing than I am math; the Math Institute was time well spent.
June: Rhubarb Dessert Yum. I have rhubarb in the freezer; maybe I should make this!
May: Seed Inventory! Oh, sigh, for a patch of dirt that isn't frozen!
April: Hershey's Basket Blog Hop A blog blast and a picture of baby Krumpet!
March: Creativity I'd rather Avoid What will they think of next? No, don't answer that.
February: On Brahms, Life and Death, and Being There One of my most serious posts. If you read only one from 2010, make it this one.

I noticed that I rarely posted on the first of the month. What's going on in my life at the turn of each month that makes it so hard to put up a post? The collection includes a few recipes, a couple of product reviews/ blog carnivals, and a lot of teacher posts. I predict 2011 will have a different focus; you'll see why in a few days.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

Huh. I like. I'm heading to February's and see if it's one I've read. I might do this on my blog as well. Except that I didn't post for about a million years at a stretch. *sigh*

1/01/2011 6:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin @ Going Country said...

Oooo, a cliffhanger. Happy New Year to you!

1/02/2011 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.