Monday, March 01, 2010

Creativity; the kind I'd rather avoid.

Oh, lovely day. My students are expanding their outlook in a way I'd rather they didn't.

They have a new vocabulary word. The word is Hob knocker; if you look this word up there are several definitions:

A Hob Knocker is a person that is considered cool but in a nerdy geekish kind of way. (Nickelodeon Definition)
Hob Knocker: one who goes around hitting people in their privates. (true English Definition)
Another definition is that one goes around hitting others WITH their privates. (true English Definition)

Student definition: it means someone that walks around, acts cool, does drugs and smokes.


What will they think of next? No, don't answer that. I don't think I want to know.

In other news, I intercepted the following note between two students.

R we going 2 play puppies at morning recess?
do you love me?

OMG! They're only 10 years old! Between the HobKnockers and the puppies and the young love, they don't leave much to chance.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy Jeute said...

See, these are reasons I know why I could never be a teacher! Volunteering a couple hours a week is plenty for me!!! This is why you get paid the big bucks-Ha!!!

3/01/2010 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! NEVER heard of this. Wonder what they'd have made of the "Hobnobbin restaurant!"

3/01/2010 8:43 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Holy moley. I got nuthin'.

3/01/2010 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


I am indeed very happy for my life, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby but until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how a herbal cure helped someone in curing his HIV disease, quickly I copied his email which is aidenojiecurehome@gmail.com I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to prepare a herbal medicine for HIV, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after drinking it for good 14 days, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him my life, if you are having a similar problem just email him on: aidenojiecurehome@gmail.com

7/07/2017 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.