Friday, January 01, 2010

A Year of Compost Happens

Here it is: the annual retrospective through the eyes of Daisy!

January: The annual New Year's Day retrospective!
Are you a newcomer to Compost Happens? When you're done with 2009's links, go through 2008!

February: Action: an assessment of my Word of the Year
-What will my word be this year? Last year I chose Action.

March: It's not easy being clean and green
-Ecostore products: good results, green philosophy

April: A book review for The Household Guide to Dying.
-A thoughtful and peaceful novel

May: Preparing for a Pandemic without Panic
-Looking back, I see what I was thinking before H1N1 hit my town. My class was hard hit in October. The spread of H1N1 isn't over yet, not by a long shot. This post is still valid.

June: To-do, Ta-dah! and the pile I just can't face
-Oh, dear. This reminds me that I'll have to face this pile on Monday when school starts again.

July: Milwaukee Brewers Baseball!
-We enjoy a trip or two to Miller Park every season. It's a great park with a great team. Come on, Brewers, beef up that pitching line-up and let's go!

August:
'Tis the season: Packer Training Camp Season!
-Remember, the man who wears #4 was still waffling on this date.

September: Fruit Chunk Muffins
-creative baking to use up a few fresh fruits and make a nice side dish for brunch.

October: Sustainable Cooking, suburban/city style
-this post shares my first entry in the Sustainable Cooking Tips contest on Brighter Planet by sharing a travel memory.

November: Just another Saturday - or not
-reviewed the previous day, Halloween, complete with adventures in starting a fire in the fireplace.

December: Fun with leftover turkey!
-a take-off on shepherd's pie in the crock pot, Thanksgiving style.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth said...

A yearly round-up is a great idea for an active blog. Yours - gasp - is up early, too.

12/28/2009 5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I am fairly new to your blog, but so far, I have enjoyed it greatly. Have a great MMX

1/01/2010 11:04 AM  
Blogger samccoy said...

Excellent! I was just looking through my blog tags thinking that I should analyze the topics I've chosen. This yearly round up is a great idea. I'm going to do that in at least one of my blogs.

1/01/2010 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope 2010 is just as interesting for you.

1/01/2010 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you summed it all up in Twitter style snippets! I might have to give that a try.

And those "September Fruit Chunk Muffins" sound deelish!!

1/01/2010 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.