Sunday, March 25, 2007

If you don't like Wisconsin weather, wait...

One month ago, our neighborhood looked like this. --->


<-----Two weeks ago, we saw this.
Now? Well, yesterday I drove to the lovely town of Winneconne in dense fog, so dense that I almost got lost on the way home because I didn't see any landmarks. Wait -- I couldn't see any landmarks on the way in! That's why!
Today, I braved the remaining mud in our yard and raked old leaves away from the sprouting tulips and daffodils so that they can bloom and be beautiful. I looked in on a winter's worth of compost, too. Ooo -- it's beautiful, too. I have one more week of school before I get a spring break and the kids can start complaining that "Mom's playing in the dirt again!" It's okay; they say it with a smile. They know if makes me happy -- and makes them food.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Club 166 said...

Our daffodils are in full bloom.

It's great!

Winter's over, and Nature is painting the landscape with her full pallette of colors.

3/26/2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

My favorite ritual is airing out the house. Opening the windows and doors, letting the fresh spring air permeate the house, dispelling all icky, rancid pockets of air. The favorite after effect? The bedroom. I love the smell of clean sheets that have been airing out all day long. -- I'm kind of excited. This will be our first spring in our new house, with our own yard. I might even get to plant a garden! I'll start with some windowboxes on our balcony.

3/27/2007 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.