Saturday, June 13, 2009

milestones

I am approaching post number 1000. What should we do to celebrate? Fireworks? Grill out? Cake? Coffee? Pizza and Beer? All in the virtual sense, of course.

In the beginning, Compost Happens was about me, about family, about my adventures in teaching. Gradually, the focus has changed. It's still a personal blog, all about me and mine, but I spend more time on gardening and green living.


Just for fun, here are a few oldies but goodies.

Yes, I do enjoy getting down and dirty in the garden.

Coffee, political or not, is always good.

Politics? Teaching is political. Environmentalism is, too. Watching and participating in the last major election? Nothing short of amazing.

I got a lot of attention for calling out Sears and their reluctance to let me use my own bag.

Sometimes humor gets the point across; other times only poetry will express what I really mean to say.

My family tolerates my green philosophies, even on holidays. Gradually they're coming around.

Bunnies, bunnies, there are always bunny rabbits in the house and often in the posts. Tiny or large, hiding or sleeping, they're sweet and loving animals, always entertaining.

And there's always compost!

Are there favorite topics I've forgotten to mention? Let me know! I'll add the links.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats!!!! I've really enjoyed your blog. :)

6/14/2009 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.