Sunday, June 14, 2009

Food! Let's write about food!

Food. That's the topic for Scribbit's monthly writing contest. I haven't entered in a while; too busy to write, too busy to do more than read a few of the always-wonderful entries. I might enter this time, but meanwhile, I'll have some fun rereading old posts about food.

Recipes? Nope. I post recipes for their usefulness, not for their prose.

Food is a broad category. Holiday food, maybe.
Thanksgiving thoughts in hindsight: what went well, what didn't
Thanksgiving again, looking for assistance in whatever form possible

Kitchen gadgets? I listed my favorites here.

Husband and I share the kitchen; we each have our own specialties.

Right now, June being June, time for a break from teaching, I'm focused on the garden and growing food.

Mother-in-law's memories of her family's Victory Garden
Farm markets and the new word of the year: locavore
Have a garden? Grow zucchini? Grow too much zucchini?

Finding a post for this topic is going to be fun. I might use an old one, I might write a new one. But no matter what, I'll enjoy reading the other entries. They're always fascinating.

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger MUD said...

Yesterday the Master Gardner went out to the garden and found a nice sized cucumber. First of the season and I'm looking forward to many more. Now if those damned tomatoes will just start growing. MUD

6/14/2009 10:28 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My vote is for local food and/or growing your own. :)

6/14/2009 6:39 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

My favorites are the posts about how food had memories for the writer--but then actually? Anything about food and I'm happy :)

6/14/2009 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.