Monday, May 05, 2008

Mother's Day? Already?

But it's only Cinco de Mayo today! It can't be Mother's Day -- oh, I give in. I'll go shopping tomorrow night after school. My mom, Husband's mom -- they each need something as special as they are. This always takes a little thought.
Me? You wanted to know what I need or want? Oh, that's harder.
I already have a new purse, a unique and timely clutch.
I'm pretty well stocked on clothing.
My bike needs a new seat, but it's already purchased and sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.
The cupboard has plenty of coffee in it. Chocolate is always welcome, but really.
I've hinted (directly) to the family that they could pick up the garden supplies I need and I'll be very, very happy. Simple pleasures work for me. Okay, kiddos and Husband, here's the list. I already have quite a few of the seeds I need; I mainly need seedlings.
Tomatoes -- cherry and Big 'Uns (Early Girl grows well in our soil).
Peppers: Green, Red, Chili
Broccoli or Cauliflower to grow and share with the bunbuns.
Herbs! Seeds or seedlings, either works for me. Basil, rosemary, thyme, at the least. Oregano grows nicely, too.
A new watering can, unfortunately. The old one cracked last fall. Sniff.
A small sprinkler to replace the one I stepped on and destroyed the day Tiny Bunny died. I was a little distracted.
That's about it, family. Any or all of these lovely items would make me very happy. You know how much I love to dig in the dirt!

This blog blast suggested by Parent Bloggers Network and Johnson's, sponsors of Johnson's Baby Cause, a charitable organization supporting mothers and children worldwide.

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are after my heart. I called the florists in Iowa and Minnesota and have outdoor baskets being delivered to both mothers. Then I told Mr. D just to let me get my own annuals and we'll call it a happy mother's day:)

5/06/2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I usually get breakfast in bed along with whatever items the kids have made at school. This year I want household chores to be completed - like dusting. :)

5/06/2008 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.