Monday, January 14, 2008

Random thoughts on playoff implications

It's almost a good, bad, ugly scenario. The Good: The Packers could go to the Super Bowl! The Bad: Husband would have to follow them in a satellite truck! For weeks on end! The Ugly: I'm soooo envious, even as I look at the schedule and call in the reserves (a.k.a. Grandma) to help.
But luck was with us. Not only did the Packers win their Showdown in Snowtown, the NY Giants did their jobs, too, handily beating the Dallas Cowboys. I jumped out of my chair and shouted "YYYEESS!" so loudly that I think I scared the rabbits. I may have scared Husband, too. We were both relieved, though. He didn't have to pack his bags and hit the road for Dallas, Texas today as feared. Instead, he'll make sure his long underwear is clean. Game time temperature Sunday is expected to be in the single digits. Brrrr.
So for the last week, with the potential for a sudden "business trip" hanging over our heads, we've been tense. We've stressed ourselves over preparations for the trip that might or might not happen.
I checked and double checked Amigo's final exam schedule, arranged one of my rare personal days to cover the day that Grandma couldn't, and hoped that La Petite's sleep routine isn't totally messed up by her short vacation with her roommate and she can help out, too. I cooked a good meal every night, knowing that Husband would be eating too much fast food on the road. I made sure all of the laundry was done. I almost (I stopped myself, don't worry) counted his underwear and socks to see if he had enough to last the three weeks.
Then I stopped and thought. For this I went through the feminist movement of the seventies? We'll all benefit from decent meals, and I'll take the leftovers to school in my lunches. But underwear? Forget it. The man is capable of washing his own if he runs out. In fact, he could cook the meals, too -- better than I can -- if only the TV station didn't run him so ragged with overtime hours.
Oh, no, now he'll be embarrassed that I blogged about his underwear. I'd better get off the Internet and go cook a meatloaf or something.
Meanwhile, I'll make sure all of my green and gold attire is clean. Shoes, socks, hair ribbons, or sweaters, I'm ready. I will display my team colors every day this week. (...but probably not on my long underwear)

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so cold! My hubby is bringing is Iowa family to the game and he is bracing himself. Plus it's at night--making it even COLDER. But what fun! Glad your man isn't on the road. And when I shoulder the burden her at Casa Green Girl, I think feminism and then I think common sense;)

1/15/2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Lol. I know what you mean. My hubby travels a lot too and since I'm home with the kids I find myself doing stuff for him too to help him get ready. Then I think 'What the heck am I doing? I must be insane....' Hard not to help your guy when they're working hard and tired, but still...

I think I need a life,then maybe I won't notice!

1/16/2008 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.