Friday, October 20, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I hear the dogs barking next door. Maybe the boys are home! They left early this afternoon to pick up La Petite at school and bring her home for a fun and relaxing weekend of sleeping in and carving a pumpkin or two. Actually, it's a bit too early, so meanwhile, it's just me.

I stayed at work late and got an enormous amount of prep work completed. I didn't leave until 5:00. I put together a simple supper, watched the news, and watched Jeopardy. Now I'll blog a little, and then I'll make fire in the fireplace and read a book. That is, a simple, lighthearted, fiction novel that will let me relax and totally lose myself in its fantasy world. I enjoy quality books that challenge me and I read a lot of professional journals and research, but once in a while I read something with no purpose other than to entertain. Entertainment, after all, is a valid purpose and an often bestselling genre.

So off I go -- I'll find a snuggly mug, make some herbal tea, and then start the fire. If I feel adventurous, I'll make popcorn. Maybe I'll even put my pajamas on early. Ooh, now that's a tempting thought.

TGIF. Time to Get Into Firebuilding.

'Night, all.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Joy said...

I hope you had a wonderful Friday. Great post!
Diana Joy

10/21/2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.