Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fruit cobbler so simple, I don't know where it came from!

I found this easy dessert recipe last week and decided to try it. The best thing about it is that all the ingredients are already in my kitchen! I didn't have to rush out and buy anything special.



Quick and Easy Fruit Cobbler
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour (or 1/2 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup wheat flour)
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 cup milk
1 can canned fruit, undrained
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter in an 8×8 baking dish (can be done in the oven or microwave).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk.
4. Pour batter over melted butter in baking dish.
5. Pour fruit over the batter.
6. Optional: For added crunch, crumble granola on top.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.



The only problem is this: I can't find the original source to provide a link and give credit! If this is your recipe, please let me know in the comments or send me an email. I'll make sure you get a link. If you know who originally posted it, please follow through so we can give credit where delicious credit is due.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I LOVE cobbler. It has to be one of my top favs. I also feel like blogging has helped my cooking recipes. Isn't it fabulous?! I will be using this one. Thanks! You should check out my salmon recipe.

8/19/2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

Sounds yummy!

8/19/2008 8:18 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

Cobbler is my kryptonite. I can't say no to it.

Remember the Cuppa, Cuppa, Cuppa recipe from "Steel Magnolias"? Sometimes I make that - easy peasy. And sweeeeeeet.

8/19/2008 8:33 PM  
Blogger TC said...

I love cobbler, of any kind.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sorry to hear about your zucchini and acorn squash. I wish I knew more about why plants don't produce. If you've not seen many pollinators, that may be the problem. Try planting Veronica in the veggie garden, bees love it. It's a perennial here, and easy to grow.

8/19/2008 9:37 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

MMmm! I have a freezer full of berries and haven't made cobbler in FOREVER. Thanks for putting the bee in my bonnet!

8/19/2008 10:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh that looks good! I'm going to save that one, looks so easy.

8/20/2008 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.