Friday, January 19, 2007

Who is this Morton guy, and why do I have his neuroma?

I finally gave up the denial, admitted that my foot pain was getting worse and wasn't going to go away, and visited our family doctor. She ordered an x-ray to make sure nothing was broken, but the symptoms and the location of the pain had pretty much given it away already. The x-ray, as suspected, showed nothing more than the tiny little screw from the bunion-fixer-upper seven years ago.
I see the podiatrist in ten days. The family doc predicts that I may be facing another surgery -- the third on this foot.
Well, to look on the bright side, it's my left foot. I can still drive. Both of our vehicles have automatic transmissions. Since Clutch + bad left foot = slow healing and more pain, the trade-in of my stick-shift Saturn SL2 was inevitable after my first surgery. Sniff. Sigh.
I hope that the foot doc will be able to handle this through less invasive means, but I won't count on it. With my luck, she'll want to operate sooner rather than later.
Hmmm...maybe I'll need new shoes. Darn.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Ouchie. I don't envy you that. Hope the pain is manageable, at least.

1/22/2007 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.