Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tools of the gardening trade

Tools! I've been pulling my gardening supplies and tools out of the garage more and more often. Let's see: a trowel or two, several pairs of gloves (each fits a particular task - all are dirt covered), blue basket of seeds, tongue depressors --

Tongue depressors?


Teachers use tongue depressors in all sorts of ways. This box came from a retired teacher's garage sale and served my fourth graders for four years. When I left my classroom behind for a cubicle, I brought the remaining sticks home. They're biodegradable, easy to use, and a perfect size on which to write. Good thing I had a lot left - look at these tomato seedlings!


And if you had any doubt about the effectiveness of my little wooden supplies, take a closer look.

They'll go into the garden soil near each plant so I know what's there until the plant grows up and shows its true colors, er, fruits.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So smart to label all those little sprouts!

4/03/2012 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.