Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mug shots!


Inspired by my cousin's post of her Obama mug, I decided to post a few oldies but goodies that chronicle my mug collection. My favorite souvenirs are those I will use: coffee mugs, of course, fit the category. Here's one from Lockeport, Nova Scotia.

I set up my new mug on the picnic table outside the rental cottage with the beach in the background. I wanted to show the little lobster inside the mug as well as the one on the front, so I propped it with a few of the seashells and stones we'd found.

Then Chuck got into the act. He insisted on including every little piece we'd found on the beach and arranging it "tastefully" around the mug.


Here it is: Still life with Souvenir Coffee Mug.


And the back view, too.



(It says Nova Scotia on the back.)

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Charade said...

Love the care taken with the vignette!

4/22/2012 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Petunia said...

COffee mugs have the magic property of stimulating happy memories!

4/23/2012 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the thematic photo shoot!

4/23/2012 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.