Friday, April 06, 2012

Dear Pharmacy; your carbon footprint stinks.

Dear Pharmacy that shall not be Named;

If just 25% of U.S. families used 10 fewer plastic bags a month, we would save over 2.5 billion bags a year.* So tell me; why do you have such a problem with my bringing my own bag? Last time I had to tell the clerk twice, loudly and clearly, before she looked at me with a confused expression and then set the plastic bag down. I guess I'll take the confused expression over the eye roll I've gotten several other times.

Well, dear Pharmacy, let's look at another wasteful habit. Every single time a clerk hands out a (stupid little plastic) bag, it contains advertising. Flu shots, diabetes supplies, the smart phone app for refills - I don't need these. Really. And when I hand back the paper with a "Thanks, but I've already had my flu shot," the paper doesn't go to another customer; it goes in the recycling. What the heck? Your carbon footprint approaches Paul Bunyan's print in size.

Pharmacy, dear, oh Ye Who Shall Not be Named, I just moved the bulk of my maintenance medications to another provider. I no longer plan to make multiple trips per month, tolerate the attitude, or accept the outrageous amount of waste generated.

Got it? Oh. I didn't think so. Never mind.

Sincerely,

Daisy

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Charade said...

Amen, Sister. And can't we figure out an eco-friendlier way to dispense those Rx's than those awful plastic bottles with their kid-proof double-layered tops?

4/06/2012 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy, isn't it? It costs them to provide these things, you'd think they'd be GLAD not to!

4/06/2012 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Petunia said...

Customer "service" no longer exists. The staff is "trained" to do it a certain way, and cannot adjust to using common sense!

4/06/2012 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.