Monday, April 30, 2012

Care for Fabric and Life

It was a thrift store find. $4.99, with a purple tag, which meant it was 50% off. I tried it on in the aisles, and it fit. I read the tag: "Genuine leather shell" and "Over for care". I thought I'd turn over care of my new garment to the dry cleaners. After all, I've wrecked fabrics less valuable than leather. 


I didn't plan on the dry cleaning place refusing to take it. "We don't have very good luck with leather, so we contract our leather work out to a professional leather cleaner." She quoted me the price, I cringed, and she showed me the car instructions on the tag. Apparently, she thought I could read these and handle the cleaning process myself. 


So I did, and it survived, and I'm thrilled with my "new" jacket. Pink leather jacket, a good pair of jeans, my snazzy boots, and I'm ready for.... well, I'm ready for a day of meetings and training at school. Oh, well. My thrifty coworkers will love it! 

But wait - there's more. Did you see it? The second tag in the first picture? My fabulous deal came with its own fortune, sans cookie. 


I might have phrased it differently so that the singular "everyone" makes a better match, but "their" will do. 

A new jacket, a fabulous deal, and sage advice as well. For 50% on a $4.99 jacket? Can't be beat. 

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jen on the Edge said...

That is awesome! Any chance we could see photos of you wearing it as part of a completed outfit?

4/30/2012 6:54 AM  
Blogger Charade said...

Pink leather jacket, good jeans and snazzy boots? I wanna work where you work! Well, I would want to work there if I every wanted to work again.

4/30/2012 8:59 AM  
Blogger Charade said...

Oops - since I can't even spell 'ever' I probably couldn't get a job anyway.

4/30/2012 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.