Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why I'm taking hiatus from posting Recipes

When I look up recipes via my blog, I find errors. Typos, ingredients left out...
  • It's becoming a chore instead of fun. "Oh, no, what will I post this Tuesday?"
  • I've found myself repeating recipes too often.
  • My recipes are becoming boring - to me. And if I'm bored, you're probably bored.
  • Change is good.

On the other hand:
  • I'll still post seasonal recipes while the Farmers' Market is running.
  • My garden will inspire more; I'm sure of it.
  • I like to play in the kitchen; I'll share some of those experiments with my readers.
  • If there's a story behind a recipe, it'll make an interesting post.
  • I'm working toward incorporating more meatless meals into the family diet. Those may be worth sharing.
So, dear readers, I'll still share kitchen stories and kitchen fun and maybe even join in a foodie blog hop or two. But for now, The "kitchen stories" label will have a well earned rest.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny--I've finally begun cooking again--trying a new recipe tonight!

1/31/2012 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.