Sunday, October 23, 2011

Touring Lambeau Field, Daisy style

Field trips are different in a virtual school. We arrange field trips in different locations in the state, and families sign up to meet a teacher or two there. Several families met two teachers, Mr. P and me, at Lambeau Field for the stadium tour and the Hall of Fame.

My photos were a bit different, too. I took several of the families that came, trying to balance the atmosphere with the faces. These turned out quite well, I thought.

My own personal pictures took a rather different angle, too. I didn't need the standard Green and Gold; I've seen it and internalized it plenty of times. Instead, I noticed the Wall of Opponents. All they need now is an extension of this for our Eating the Opponent project! That would be a great addition to the hall of fame, or even to the menu at Curly's Pub, in my perspective.

The Wall of Opponents is rather long and curved; it's tough to fit the whole thing in a standard picture. The menu would take up an additional wall.

Then there was the Packer trivia game. I got a few wrong (doh! I should have known the answers), but I still made the High Scores list. What? You doubt me?


I compared spirited socks with one of the girls along on the tour. Mine are on the right. I could be convinced to pick up a pair like hers. Socks like these would coordinate perfectly with my pink Packers polo shirt.


And I seriously coveted the tour guides' shoes. I know, these are men's shoes. But they could be made in women's sizes, I'm sure. Couldn't they? I mean, the Pro Shop carries Super Bowl XLV sweaters for dogs; they could make tour guide shoes for women.

These shoes are standing on hallowed ground: The Tunnel. Come the next home game, I'll have a new perspective as the team comes out of the tunnel onto the field.

Go! Pack! Go!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger bubbleboo said...

Sounds like you had a really wonderful time - I'm so pleased :) x

10/23/2011 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a game Sunday, huh? I got a little worried, but they came back tough in the 2nd half. That new QB in Minnesota looks like he'll do good things for their team, but I was SO PROUD of Woodson and Rodgers--they both had great games. And STarks, too!

10/24/2011 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.