Thursday, October 13, 2011

Top Ten Reasons to enjoy teaching online

...or... Top Ten Reasons my new job is right for me

10. It lets me unleash my inner geek.

9. I can have a bad hair day and no one will know.

8. I step into the hall and breathe the rarified air of administration (we're on the same floor as Student Services, Special Ed., and Title I, among other powerful offices)

7. I get to work with a bunch of other teachers unleashing their own inner geeks.

6. I can play with clip art and pretend I'm working.

5. I'm a good independent worker. Bloggers & writers are often self-motivated types, and I'm both.

4. Those headsets with microphones look oh so fashionable with my hearing aids.

3. I never need to leave sub plans! Well, that's both a blessing and a curse.

2. My "Teaching Wisconsin to Read" coffee cup can sit by my side, full, all morning.

1. I can use the bathroom any time I need it and not have to wait for a recess bell!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is much to recommend that style of teachign!

10/13/2011 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Petunia said...

Ah, yes. The freedom for bodily functions. Many people on the "outside" forget that teachers must train their body to do those functions at the ring of a bell, no sooner, no later!

10/13/2011 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.