Thursday, September 01, 2011

Cubicle (or virtual classroom) before and after

I started school on Tuesday. My students start next week, the day after Labor Day. Most years I can show you the classroom, how I've prepped it, how it looks before the students come in for their first day. This year, I have a cubicle. Here's the before picture.

Boxes of curricular materials, teachers' manuals, tools and consumables for science and art. Below, see the hallways outside my cubicle. These are full, but may not be needed.

I spent a full morning sorting and taking inventory. This isn't the full "after" shot; that will come later. It does, however, show progress. By now, I know what's going on my shelves.

I also left empty boxes for reuse, recycling, or disposal. I sure hope my new building is environmentally conscious. I predict these will be reused either by my own virtual charter school or by the media central office in the basement of our building.

An after picture? Sorry, I don't have one yet. Maybe after our first staff meeting I'll have time to get it looking a little more welcoming. It won't be home to twenty-some students like my old classroom, but it needs to look good and feel good - for me.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope it's a great year!

9/01/2011 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.