Thursday, July 07, 2011

Good signs?

I had cabin fever yesterday - just wanted OUT of the HOUSE. This may be a good sign. Instead of wanting to curl up on the couch or hide in my bedroom recliner, I wanted to get up and out.

I took Amigo to see the family doctor yesterday afternoon. Amigo greeted him with "Long time, no see!" Doctor and I just smiled at each other; I've been in his office many, many times over the past six months. Many doctor visits: bad sign. Almost two months without needing a visit: good sign.

Good sign of what, you may ask? I'm beginning to think there's hope for recovery from this long-lasting, never-ending, terrible, horrible, no good very bad case of depression. That would be a good sign. Even if I experience a relapse, I'll know improvement is possible.

Good sign: I've been busy in the kitchen and in the garden. Productivity: good. Energy level: improving.

Good sign: I'm spending less time online and more time walking. Activity, even in small amounts, is good.

Not so good sign: I'm still on sleep medication.
Good sign: Doc thinks I can kick the habit, and gave me a few tips for handling possible side effects. Readers, if I have insomnia for a few nights, I promise I'll update Compost Happens. I'll share a few garden stories, a few Amigo stories, and even a few La Petite events.

Meanwhile, it's late morning and I hear someone moving around the bedroom upstairs. I think it's Amigo; the rabbit doesn't usually open drawers and closets. This is a good sign something, isn't it? A sign of brunch, maybe. I'll go start the bacon.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Earth Muffin said...

It's nice to read about you feeling optimistic! Hope the trend continues...

7/07/2011 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Petunia said...

What she said . . .

7/07/2011 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Daisy.

7/07/2011 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are good signs!

7/08/2011 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.