Sunday, July 03, 2011

Back to the Farm - Market.

Daisy, what took you so long to post this weekend?

Honestly, it took a long time to organize and prep and put away all the lovely produce from yesterday's Farmers' Market. I usually make a point of sitting outside on the deck, weather permitting, and listening to the birds and enjoying the breeze (if there is one) while pulling the hulls off the strawberries and taking the peas from their pods (the bunnies love the pods) and anything else that needs work. Maybe you've noticed I gave in and bought rhubarb. I remembered that last year I combined my own tomatoes with some that were given to me and some more from the Farmers' Market so I'd have enough for salsa. I tell myself it's okay to combine Market rhubarb with my own, now that I've discovered more ways to can it.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.