Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Open letters to the so-called Leaders of Wisconsin

Dear Governor Walker;
You claim that Wisconsin is Open for Business. Businesses require an educated workforce. Think it over, please.

Sincerely,
Daisy

Dear Senator Ellis;
The title President of the Senate looks good on your letterhead. Your abuses of power, however, look lousy. Stating, "We'll just pass all the bills without you if you're not here" was a snotty and rude manner of addressing your colleagues. I'm embarrassed to admit that you represent my district. Didn't your parents teach you that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

With grave concern,
Daisy

Dear Representative Bernard-Schaber;
Thank goodness you're in the Wisconsin Assembly! I noticed that the new, re-introduced version of the union-busting bill exempts public transit. I'm sure the Gov won't give you credit for the original amendment, but I will. I know you brought it up in the beginning.

Thank you for maintaining your sanity in an insane atmosphere.

Your loyal constituent,
Daisy

Dear Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices;
I'm thoroughly disappointed in your decision that Wisconsin Act 10, a.k.a. the Union Busting Law, was passed constitutionally rather than in violation of the open meetings law. This decision tells our narrow-minded majority that as lawmakers, they are above the law. Is this really what you wanted to say?

Regretfully,
Daisy

Dear Benjamin Franklin,
What kind of government do we have? "A republic, if you can keep it." Sigh. We're trying. It's not easy.

Historically yours,
Daisy

Dear John Adams,
You once wrote to Thomas Jefferson "I cannot contemplate human affairs without laughing or crying. I choose to laugh." I wish I could laugh, but current political climate is so negative it scares me.

Thoughtfully,
Daisy

Dear Governor Walker,
I'm a mediator by nature and by training. The way I see it, consensus beats conflict any day of the week. In fact, I taught fifth and sixth graders to mediate conflicts. Would you like assistance in learning peer mediation? I noticed you don't have these skills - yet.

Cooperatively yours,
Daisy

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Succinct and delicious. Thank you, Daisy.

6/15/2011 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Petunia said...

Same as above.

6/15/2011 8:53 PM  
Blogger jean said...

It would be even funnier if it weren't sadly true.

6/15/2011 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still just shaking my head in disbelief.

6/18/2011 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will it end.

6/21/2011 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.