Weeds. Weeds, weeds, weeds. I took a shovel and turned the soil so I could pull out the multitude of weeds that had taken root in my triangle garden. In the process, I found out that my soil is really heavy on clay - still. I'd thought the layering we did last year would have helped mitigate that. Not enough, apparently. Clay and weeds: not a fun combination.
Finished the weeds and harvested a few dandelion greens for my bunnies' snack! Next: the grid. I used masking tape this time. It's easy enough that it takes no time at all to set up, and temporary enough that it can come down as soon as I'm done planting.
The next steps aren't in pictures yet. 1. set up the tomato supports, plan where to plant each kind of tomato. 2. Transplant!
I've been out every morning checking on the progress. There's a little green coming up here and there, and it looks like the right stuff. It looks like what I planted. It will grow, and that's all I ask.