Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Preparation and Planting Progress

Weeds. Weeds, weeds, weeds. I took a shovel and turned the soil so I could pull out the multitude of weeds that had taken root in my triangle garden. In the process, I found out that my soil is really heavy on clay - still. I'd thought the layering we did last year would have helped mitigate that. Not enough, apparently. Clay and weeds: not a fun combination.

Finished the weeds and harvested a few dandelion greens for my bunnies' snack! Next: the grid. I used masking tape this time. It's easy enough that it takes no time at all to set up, and temporary enough that it can come down as soon as I'm done planting.


The next steps aren't in pictures yet. 1. set up the tomato supports, plan where to plant each kind of tomato. 2. Transplant!

I've been out every morning checking on the progress. There's a little green coming up here and there, and it looks like the right stuff. It looks like what I planted. It will grow, and that's all I ask.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Club 166 said...

Looking good!

My garden is not yet in the ground yet (though at least I have the ground prepared).

You're much more organized than I am (all that taping and such).

Joe

5/25/2011 4:20 PM  
Blogger Judy Jeute said...

Ooooh, so jealous. Things are looking wonderful Daisy. My garden is not even started at 9,000'; just getting ready to burn the ground for a new area. Thought I'd try something new to get rid of those weeds and the till the ash right in...we shall see-ha!

5/26/2011 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weedy this year. And now FROST advisory tonight. WHAT?!?!

5/26/2011 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.