Friday, May 27, 2011

Five on Friday: Politically Speaking

I couldn't do it. I started to write about the control freaks we have in our state legislature right now, not to mention in the governor's office. I couldn't do it. My shoulders went up to my earlobes, the back of my neck tightened, and my stomach twisted in knots.

Instead of a standard political post, here's a list of Five for Friday.

Five Reasons to be Concerned about the Wisconsin legislature

5. Members of the Senate do not treat each other with respect. What happened to parliamentary procedure? What happened to the golden rule? The rudeness on the Senate floor is downright embarrassing.

4. Majorities in both houses treat the minorities like dirt under their feet. I understand the concept of "Majority Rules," but in our system, the minority still has the right to be heard.

3. Even Madison's annual Bratfest is becoming partisan because Johnsonville Brat CEO contributed to Scott Walker's campaign.

2. The governor still thinks everything goes better with Koch.

1. I like the name Wisconsin better than its Twitter alternative: Fitzwalkerstan.

So on we go, into the long weekend. When the politicians walk past during the parade on Monday, I'll do my best to be quiet. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just honk the horn on Amigo's bike to drown out the Republican slogans.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading you for some years now.
HONK on that horn!
What has happened to the brains in the country?
What will happen when a teacher MAY NOT answer a question in class because the subject matter is not approved?
HONK if you love this country.
Jenny

5/27/2011 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The politicians are why I'm marching IN the Cheesefest parade instead of watching it this year!

5/29/2011 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.