Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Daisy's potato salad

I know I've posted this in the past. I apologize for the redundancy. It was a good three day weekend, with a good balance of busy and relaxing, with a nice short parade on Monday. Picnic season is here and Chuck brought his German potato salad to share. Here's my standard potato salad; we're a two potato salad family! Ah, so skilled, we are.

1 1/2 lb. red salad potatoes, cut into small chunks (peeling optional; I like mine peeled)
1/2 cup Miracle Whip or similar dressing
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
3 green onions, diced
black pepper to taste

Cook potatoes in boiling water about 15-18 minutes, until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain again, completely.
Combine remaining ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Add potatoes; mix lightly. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if you wish, and then leave a comment for me. I love new variations on old recipes!
Refrigerate several hours until chilled.

Serve cold.

The green onions and chives are up. I take pleasure in knowing that I don't have to buy green onions; I can just walk out to the garden and pick one when I need it. It's a simple pleasure.

Enjoy. Stay out of the storms, and enjoy the good weather as long as it lasts.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.