Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dream On: Out of the fog

The snowmen are still around. Packer decor is scattered all over the house. The Dream Tree on the wall is new, a gift from an artist friend. I wasn't ready to take it down after Christmas.


Somehow, she knew what I was feeling and how down I was before Christmas. Between clinical depression, work challenges, and the physical pain caused by both, I was at my lowest when this arrived.


The tree is beautiful; it's not just for Christmas. Did she know my dining room walls are blue, and the colors are perfect? Whether she did or not, my artist friend knew I needed to dream, and dream of peace. The colors, the design, the shapes all speak to me of peace. There is a special tiny ornament, too - can you see it?

It's an owl. Artist Friend chose an owl for me because she considers me a wise colleague. I have a good memory and a lot of background knowledge, but I haven't been feeling very wise lately. By giving me this small owl on this wonderful piece of art, she reminded me of a side of myself that is still present, still strong. And for that small but important reminder, I am very grateful.

The spaciness that comes from depression, especially from the interrupted sleep, is still present. As my condition improves and I make more deposits into the sleep bank, I hope to show my Wise Owl side more often.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift! It's so unique and lovely and perfect for you.

2/10/2011 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.