Thursday, December 16, 2010

That which was lost, is now found.

It was a rainy and windy day in October, not a dark and stormy night, but it was still unpleasant. My fellow teacher and I made it a little more pleasant by going out to lunch after a half day of school. During that lunch I took off my lanyard and dropped my jump drive into my bag behind the car seat - or so I thought.

As the weekend went on, I looked for the jump drive. It was nowhere to be found. I thought "Maybe it's at school," even thought I knew better. When I got back to school on Monday, my friend agreed: she remembered my taking it off and putting it in my bag, saying "I might need this to get some work done this weekend." So the mystery was yet unsolved.

I kept looking, started using the back-up files from my hard drives, compiling them once again in a convenient place.

In mid-December on a truly dark and stormy night, Chuck encountered a surprise. He was dressing himself to clear the driveway of snow, reaching for gloves and a hat, when he dislodged an umbrella standing in the same area of the back hallway. As he reached for the umbrella, something fell out.

You guessed it, readers. My long lost jump drive!!

Okay, readers, now it's up to you. How can I make sure I don't lose this again? Any tips? Tricks? Smart remarks? Okay, forget the last one. But seriously. How can I keep my portable memory intact and nearby?

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

When you figure out how to keep that portable memory nearby, let me know. My own portable memory - the one I keep in my brain - is always getting lost.

12/16/2010 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Glad you found it!

12/16/2010 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

I'm with Flea! I swear I need to just superglue my keys to my hand. And thank goodness I can use the home phone to try to locate where I left my cell phone....

12/17/2010 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.