Saturday, December 18, 2010

jammin' with cranberries

I tried. It didn't quite work. I know what went wrong, though, so I'm going to work on a solution today.

A package of cranberries + a few jars of orange marmalade (not jelled, remember?) should have made a delicious jam.


Well, it jelled well and the flavor was good, but I added too much sugar. It was grainy. I think I measured the amount of sugar based on raw fruit and forgot that the marmalade was already sweetened.


Now what? I have one more option, and one more package of pectin. If I incorporate more raw fruit from the freezer, raspberries or strawberries, it might work. Step one: clean the kitchen so I actually have room to work. Step two: give it a try. What do you think, readers, will it work? I'll let you know!

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy Jeute said...

Good luck! I just finished my first batch of mixed berry and a batch of blueberry. Next I'm going to try jalapeno, do you think I should add a fruit with it? I think I should. What fun it has been to can in the winter!

12/19/2010 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.