Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Top Ten Reasons to love my bread machine

10. There is no scent equal to the aroma of bread rising and baking.

9. I never feel forced to partake in La Petite's preference: boring and nutrient-lacking white bread.

8. I can add local honey, wheat germ, or flaxseed to a loaf without anyone knowing it's healthy.

7. It's easy. Drop the ingredients in, fix the settings, push the button, and let it bake.

6. I can choose a bread that'll go with the meal - without going to the store.

5. An ordinary sandwich becomes extraordinary when it's made on homemade bread.

4. While it's not necessarily cheap, it can be frugal: I can make a loaf for less money than a trip to the store to buy an gourmet bakery bread.

3. The smell of baking bread can awaken a teenager from deep sleep. Add bacon, and the teen might even become coherent.

2. Fresh bread is so delicious; there's really no equal.

1. If we're out of bread, I like being able to say, "it's okay, we'll just bake a fresh loaf!"

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my next new year's resolution will be to use mine more.

10/27/2010 9:31 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

OMG. It's that time of year, isn't it? Thanks for reminding me to dust mine off and crank it up!

10/27/2010 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Jen on the Edge said...

Bread makers are an amazing invention. We used ours regularly for a few years and then one day it just stopped working. I haven't replaced it yet, so this is a good reminder that I need to do so.

10/28/2010 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.