Weekend Pajama Mama
Accomplishments, worthy of air time;
- Read the entire Sunday newspaper, including sorting the ads and reading the few that mattered.
- Spent some quality time with a heating pad on my stiff and sore back.
- Scaled the peak of Mount Washmore and began the descent. That is, finished the majority of the washing and drying and began folding and stashing the clean clothes.
- Reclaimed the kitchen table. No easy task, this one: it was covered with canning supplies from making salsa last night, a crate of leftover tomatoes, papers from my school and Amigo's school, bases for two crockpots (the crocks were in the dishwasher and sink), professional membership applications awaiting my checkbook, cloth bags from yesterday's farmers' market, and more.
- Filled and ran the dishwasher.
- Took out and emptied full compost container.
- Made breakfast, started coffee, dealt with the daily meds (including claritin and tylenol for the seasonal sinus headache).
- Charged my cell phone.
- Labeled and stored salsa made last night.
- Handled two tedious but important school tasks (cut out felt pieces for white-board erasers, placed computer username/ password stickers on colored index cards) while watching The Muppets Take Manhattan. "Because you share a love so big, I now pronounce you frog and pig." Priceless.
- Reclaimed recliner in bedroom, relieving it of its temporary status as repository for clean jeans and t-shirts.