Thursday, July 29, 2010

Internet Solutions to a Moody Summer

It's been a moody summer. Rain, rain, go away. Teenager, quit grumbling. Collegiate one, we know you're busy, but does it really take two days to call us back?

And remodel? Remodel should be a four-letter word. Seriously. At least until the project (another potential four-letter word) is truly finished.

When I need to retreat into my laptop and cheer myself up, here are a few favorite places.

Check out July 16; so, so adorable. July 14th's video is outrageously cute, too. Daily means daily; this site updates every day.

I refer to this site often, so it won't come as a surprise that I enjoy browsing their many pages.

Swagbucks.
I didn't add a hyperlink to this one; there's a better link in my sidebar. Swagbucks is a search engine that generates virtual "bucks" for regular users. The bucks can be traded in for gift cards and other "Swag." I usually trade mine in for Amazon gift cards. There's no cost; check it out, using the sidebar link, please. Disclaimer: Swagbucks did not pay me to say this. I really do use their search engine and earn a few gift card $$ by doing so. If you choose to sign up through my link, I will get a few swagbucks in credit for the referral. There's still no cost to you.

You probably know Twitter. Plurk is another social networking site, but the structure is a bit more conducive to conversation. I'm Ddaisy; there was already a Daisy signed up. It's okay; she's in my network and I like her.

Ah. I feel better already. Now if only the rain would stop for a few days and my pond, er, garden were more accessible....

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of swagbucks! Cool!

7/30/2010 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.