Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good reasons to postpons a rummage sale

We had in mind a June sale. Garage sale, tag sale, whatever your region calls it: in our neck of the woods we call it a rummage sale. With La Petite moving home for a while, we have no storage space, and our basement is overloaded. It's time for another major purge. However... when I brought up to Chuck that this might not be the best time for a sale, he was easily convinced.

10. June is incredibly full. End of school, graduations, graduation parties, and more.
9. Amigo has a week of camp, including a drop-off and pick-up that need to get scheduled.
8. July is not a good month for sales locally. June and August tend to be better.
7. August is the month from you-know-where for Chuck's work schedule.
6. Our remodeling isn't done. The house is trashed. Truly appears trashed.
5. I still don't have a working washer and dryer (see #6). It's laundromat for the wash, and my old dryer after that.
4. If we wait a year, we'll have more preparation time next spring - with no remodeling project taking our attention.
3. If we wait a year, La Petite will have a better idea how much she'll really need of her apartment furniture, dishes, and other collections. We (she) can sell the rest.
2. If we wait a year, Amigo will have a better idea where he's going with his life and (you guessed it) what he'll need.
1. I'm tired. I'm simply too exhausted to prepare and staff and clean up a sale.

That's it! Ten good reasons to wait a year. Now I just hope I can maneuver my way around the crowded basement until it happens!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger slow panic said...

i need to do a yard sale but i'm way way to lazy. i just keep randomly hauling stuff to goodwill

6/12/2010 7:14 PM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

I don't blame you a bit. I'm not a garage sale kind of gal, myself. Too much work. I don't visit them much either. It's my summer vacation and I'm NOT getting up at 6:00 to rummage through stuff other people don't want any more! I can do that any day of the year at Good Will at a much more reasonable hour!

6/12/2010 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.