Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ah, Saturday morning.

Bubbleboo often addresses the Small Talk Six on Saturdays. I haven't tried yet, but this one looked like fun. Here goes: my first Saturday Small Talk Six.

The First Six Things You Do When You Open Your Eyes In The Morning
1. Squint at the clock.
2. Stretch.
3. Turn off alarm. I often wake just before it goes off.
4. Visit the bathroom.
5. Consider how this will be more difficult when the remodeling project starts and we have no bathroom on the second floor.
6. Stagger downstairs to feed the rabbit, shower, and prepare for another school day.
The weekend version is similar.
1. Squint at the clock.
2. Wonder why I wake up at 5:30 on weekends.
3. Use the bathroom, consider the upcoming demolition and remodeling and the accompanying challenges.
4. Give up on going back to sleep, stagger downstairs.
5. Feed rabbit, start coffee.
6. Read morning newspaper.
You might wonder why I didn't mention coffee in the weekday set. Simple: I set it the night before. It's primed and ready to start dripping while I'm showering and getting dressed. Be Prepared is the Girl Scout motto, after all. It works for me!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger bubbleboo said...

I am so not surprised that you have the coffee ready to go! I'd be more shocked if you didn't!!

4/25/2010 4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the focusing on that clock that always gets me. Why is it always later than I think it should be?

4/25/2010 9:30 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

Yes, why DO you wake up at 5:30 on the weekends? Can you not fall back asleep after your internal alarm clock goes off? My husband has that problem, but I absolutely love sleeping late on the weekends. It's worth the pain of trying to get to sleep at a decent hour on Sunday nights.

Our coffee is always ready to go too. We use the timer during the week. On weekends, we just have the coffee and water ready to go and the first person up (almost always Mr. EM) turns it on.

4/25/2010 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Jean said...

Your hands are full indeed. Good luck on everything. By the way, this personal safety for women like us might interest you. Thanks and more power!

4/26/2010 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.