Sunday, March 14, 2010

Working on Sunday: desk before and after

Contrary to popular belief, teachers do work weekends. On a recent Sunday, I spent two hours at my desk with a to-do list. On the top of the list: Clean Desk.


Here's the before picture. Book box, papers, near-empty hand sanitizer bottle, file folders - you name it, it was there. I knew when I left on Friday that I had to come back; there was no chance of facing this kind of disaster on Monday morning and starting the week feeling, well, sane.



I waded through the piles on the desk, made the copies I needed, planned math lessons for the week, printed keyboarding scores, and more. I pulled out the cleaning wipes and dusted the top of the file cabinet (yuck), wiped down the desk (not so bad, really), and even dragged a wipe across the computer keyboard.


Ah. Deep sigh of relief. Now I can face Monday with a more positive attitude. The bad news, though: it won't take long to pile up the desk again. It's just the nature of the job.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. D said...

Looks great. I need to go in sometime over spring break and do the same. Just trying to get up the motivation.

3/14/2010 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you find anything on a desk that clean?? ;~P

3/14/2010 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the biggest dust bunnies at school when I'd clean off my desk. ICK!

3/15/2010 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.