Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'll wear my necklace if you'll top my pop.

In a fine example of upcycling, a nearby charter school made bottle cap necklaces to sell as a fundraiser. I bought a daisy, of course. It's just my style in so many ways.



This is the back. We've asked around and Hubs even did a cursory Internet search, and we have no idea what kind of bottle this cap adorned.

A cone-head style guy saying, "Pop My Top." Well, readers, ideas? Is this a regional item? A soda/pop bottle, or something else? I'm listening -- chime in!

Labels: , , ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Judy Jeute said...

I don't know what/where it's from, but what a way cool idea! I love it, if you see them for sale again, or have a card let me know!

3/31/2010 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottle tops are just FUN. We bought a case of Ting to help celebrate Easter weekend and spring break. I must find something clever to do with all the bottle tops!

3/31/2010 8:32 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

No idea where the cap came from, but I love the necklace! I've seen something similar around here using Scrabble tiles. The vendor packed up her stuff before I could get one though. :( Be sure to let us know if you ever find out the origin of that cap.

3/31/2010 4:19 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

Looks like the original design might have been scrubbed off?

4/01/2010 7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a cap from the Point Brewery located in Stevens Point, WI. They make all kinds of specialty beers but also root beer.

4/01/2010 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.