Friday, February 19, 2010

Can you read me now?

See that dark spot in the snow? Can you read it? Nope. Neither could I. In fact, neither I nor the other two drivers knew it was there when we parked for our staff development session at a local high school.

You guessed it; it's a No Parking sign, smashed on the snowbank and nearly invisible.



I don't think I can afford any more staff development days. Drive-thru coffee, drive-thru lunch, and (you guessed this, too, didn't you) a parking ticket.
I was not a happy camper. I was not a happy teacher, either. And due to the poor quality of my photos (who can take a good picture of a sign in a pile of snow, I ask you?) there's no point in fighting the ticket.
Call that groundhog; I'm ready to be done with winter. Bah, humbug. Heck, I'm ready to be done with school!

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh I'd be SO mad.

2/19/2010 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing (to me).
I have you right above "Finny Knits" in my favorites file. As I was reading your post I was thinking you were Finny. And how changed you were, Finny!
I didn't know you were a teacher, Finny.
(I've figured it out.)
Jenny

2/19/2010 10:51 AM  
Blogger Liberty Rose said...

You absolutely MUST fight City Hall!
Go get 'em, Sister!

2/19/2010 11:34 AM  
Blogger Judy Jeute said...

Well, dear, seeing as you have encouraged me to fight for my trees, I feel that you should fight the ticket! This picture is evidence enough for me!!! Take it to town!

2/20/2010 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.