Saturday, January 30, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

I was teaching text features that signal importance, and I noticed one student took the concept of bulleted lists and ran with it. I saw her to-do list for the weekend sitting on her desk.

  • Get mom to take me to Walgreens.
  • Ask mom for money.
I think she's mastered the concept.


More robo-calls arrived earlier in the week. The first one: "Your child has been marked absent from one or more classes." I called the school, talked to Amigo, and tracked down the error. It was an office error, of course. However, they couldn't fix it; the secretary who handles the first half of the alphabet had left at 3:00. The secretary on the line told me she was certain everything would be fine in the morning.
Well, it wasn't fine at night. An hour later we got another robo-call from the school with the same recorded script: "Your child has been marked absent from one or more classes...."
I have to laugh or I'd beat my head on the wall. Laughing feels a lot less painful.

Got milk? Read this. It's a laugh out loud, snort milk out the nose kind of story.

Have a wonderful and laughter-filled weekend.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous jeny said...

Guess you had a nasty robo day.

1/30/2010 6:55 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

Stupid robo-messages. Off to read the milk story.

1/30/2010 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.