Thursday, January 28, 2010

All in a day's reading

Morning reading:
  • staff meeting agenda
  • email
  • planning book
  • math manual
  • electronic gradebook.
Mid-day reading:
  • attendance records
  • more emails
  • and again the math manual
  • science guide to set up lab activity correctly
  • data to follow up from staff meeting
Afternoon reading:
  • newspaper (several hours out of date, but why not? The comics are still current.)
  • professional book Strategies that Work to guide reading lesson planning
  • spice bottles to add to supper
  • another professional book: The Next Step in Guided Reading, for study group at school.
On the table by my side in the den:
  • The Crimson Rooms -- just finished, soon to be a review. Look for it; this one held my attention.
  • the last two Time magazines; I get behind when I'm busy at school. Progress reports, anyone?
  • two Braille books of Amigo's: a book on card games (he found out there are Braille poker chips available somewhere) and a volume of A Flash in the Pan, a cookbook of one-pan meals.
On my bedside table:
  • Cold Mountain -- So far, fascinating. I'm taking my time.
All right, bloggy friends, what are you reading? I'm sure I missed something in my stack.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed Cold Mountain--the film, too! I'm reading recipes, emails, newspapers, Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund, blogs, my manuscript (revisions & edits!), the gospel of Mark, website content for Al Huss Auto.

1/28/2010 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this question!
I am reading The Forsyte Sage and enjoying it immensely. It is quite funny. And everyday I read a little more of Leaves of Grass; I've wanted to read it for years and finally borrowed a copy from my daughter. I'm almost caught up on my New Yorkers, and I have a copy of Thus Spoke Zarathustra on my living room chair, but I've only read part of the introduction.
Jenny

1/28/2010 10:54 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

At home I'm reading "To Die Like a Man", which is a book a friend of ours wrote. Not too far into it yet, just started. At work I keep "My Sister, My Love" by Joyce Carol Oates, in my desk for those rare slow moments at the end of the day or when I don't have grading to do on my lunch hour.

1/28/2010 1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I received several books & graphic novels for Christmas, but I am currently working through the Chronicles Of Amber by Roger Zelazny, a series I loved as a teenager, and am still enjoying a great deal.

1/28/2010 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.