Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rear Window - and Squirrel?

While I was hiding in the bathroom on a snowy day, this little furry creature came running up the lilac bush right outside the window. I laughed out loud - so loudly I gave away my hiding place and Amigo called to find out what was so funny.

The nimble furball with the long tail then tried to get to the roof. Why? No idea.



My new little fuzzy friend then slipped and slid down the tree, eventually grasping a branch for dear life. At one point even the tail was wound around the branch for balance.

Finally, the small furry one found a secure perch and stopped for a snack. By this time, I was enjoying its presence so much I didn't mind that it was nibbling on my lilac buds and branches. In a snowstorm, food is hard to come by for the urban wildlife.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are the funniest creatures to watch! We don't have enough cover in our back yard to see one often...we have to go in the woods to watch squirrels.

12/16/2009 8:05 AM  
Blogger jean said...

I have learned to hate squirrels. Did you know they can live for 9 years?! We live in a wooded area and have dozens of them in our yard. This summer one of them figured out how to get from the roof to my kitchen window and ate/chewed through the screen. I found him on the counter. Since then I've had to keep the window closed. They are very smart, quick learners and he's tried several times to get back in. Sorry to rant.

12/16/2009 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.