Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuna Salad

It's not local; tuna do not live in the Fox River or even in the Great Lakes. I do like tuna salad, though, and it's an easy dish to make ahead of time. Serve it on bread, a bed of lettuce, or crackers.



1 6-oz can of tuna (packed in water), drained
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish, well drained
2 Tablespoons finely chopped celery
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion or scallions
2 Tablespoons finely chopped green or red pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip


I like to drain the tuna and relish in a colander over the sink while I gather all the rest of the ingredients.


Mix well; store in refrigerator in covered dish. Leftovers? We rarely have them, but they're good for lunches.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Cajoh said...

What… no tuna in the Fox River???

I guess I skip a lot of the other ingredients when I make tuna salad. I will have to try this sometime.

Thank you for sharing,

10/20/2009 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make mine without the celery.

10/20/2009 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.