Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Basic White Bread for the New Breadmaker

When my new bread machine arrived, I cleaned it up and tried it out with the basic white bread recipe in the instruction book. The bread machine and its recipe worked like a dream. This recipe makes a 1 1/2 lb. loaf. Can white bread be delicious? This one is.


1 1/8 cup water, warm
1 1/2 Tablespoons oil (optional; I use olive oil)
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast


Cook on basic cycle.


I ordered a Breadman model TR875. It had good reviews and was highly recommended by other breadmaking bloggers. So far, so good! Now that school has started, I'm more likely to bake bread on weekends. A loaf of plain, delicious white bread is a great start to grilled cheese or french toast. On a cool weekend day, the aroma makes the whole house smell wonderful.

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks easy enough that even I can do it. I think it will be great with the soup I'm making.

9/29/2009 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, what exactly is bread flour?
I substituted olive oil in a quick bread recipe with pears last week and it tasted just fine, BTW.

9/29/2009 2:11 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I could never get into bread makers. I love the feel of the dough and the changes it goes through as it is kneaded. But I empathize with the need to minimize time-crunch and still have homemade taste and aroma.

9/29/2009 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.