Friday, September 04, 2009

Before and After: the school poster story

Step one: I took all the posters out of the drawers, spread them out, sorted the collection. What a mess! To top it all off, I didn't have anything that illustrated the theme for this year: trains, the Fourth Grade Express.
I attacked it the way I attacked the dearth of science posters a few years ago: with clip art and the overhead projector. Decidedly low tech, but also low or no cost, it worked for me. Luckily, my artistic daughter and my husband's knowledge of trains provided the needed boost to make these posters come alive. Here's the rough draft of the "Read" poster.

Here's the big view of three posters above my students' lockers.


Here is the final product of the "Read" poster. La Petite decorated the city, added a sunrise, and made all three passengers reading during their commute.



What would I do without family? No, don't answer that. Family members who willingly help with a school project are truly priceless.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH, I love the arty people. Cute poster:)

9/04/2009 8:55 AM  
Blogger Over Coffee - the green edition said...

I love them! Very cute and to the point. You have one talented family there.

9/04/2009 11:22 AM  
Blogger Crista said...

Wow! That's some talent! Very nice of her to help out :)

9/04/2009 4:39 PM  
Blogger Liberty Rose said...

Daisy,

This harkend me back to my earlier days of teaching when I made everything, took time to do great bulletin boards...there was a real satisfaction in creating that stuff. I wish I had kept it all.
These are wonderful! Pleae keep them. Date them and put a little reminder of how they came to be on the back. What great artifacts about your career from and for your family!

9/06/2009 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.