from the Good Home Cookbook, my go-to book for standards and fun cooking facts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2 cups (1 pint) fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan or line the pan with paper baking cups.
2. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a small bowl. Stir into the flour mixture and mix just until moistened. Fold in the berries.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool briefly on wire racks. Serve warm or cooled.
In my kitchen? I serve warm with a side of fresh coffee.
drain raspberries as much as possible or the muffins will have a reddish color. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
I like to substitute half wheat flour for the white, using a total of 1 cup each. Stumble It!