Thursday, August 27, 2009

More garden mysteries

What is this? Is it an herb finally coming up or a weed that flew in on the wind?

It's small; it sneaks in between the basil and the thyme plants. Does anyone recognize it? I'm a relative beginner with herbs, so go ahead. I can handle the truth.


Then there are these orbs, the not-zucchini squash. They look more pumpkin-like each day, but they're white. I didn't plant white pumpkins. In fact, I didn't plant pumpkins at all! Ideas? The stems resemble pumpkins more than any other squash.

And finally, last but never least, how does the zucchini sneak up on me like this? I thought I was done harvesting in this corner. More zucchini bread on the way!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn beetles got my zucchini plants so we're all done for the season. Rats.
Is that a tree seedling?
That looks like a watermelon, but could it be a pumpkin?

8/27/2009 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty good with herbs and I don't recognize it. Let us know!

8/28/2009 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.