Monday, July 27, 2009

prepping the produce for the freezer

I had great plans. I was going to use my big, bold food processor to dice the fresh chives from the garden and then freeze a few jars for winter use. Great idea, right? Wrong. I tried three different blades, and none of them diced the chives evenly. This is what I got.

So.... I diced the pile by hand with a sharp knife, dropped the results into two small glass jars, labeled the jars, and placed the jars in the freezer. The good news: chives were done. The bad news: I still had a batch of green onions waiting for me.

I did these by hand.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kelsi said...

I like it when I can learn from someone else's trials and errors! I'll just go straight for the knife with my green onions!

7/27/2009 12:11 PM  
Blogger Flea said...

I always just use the chives while I still have them. Never thought to save them.

7/27/2009 5:28 PM  
Blogger Kimbra Kasch said...

I always use kitchen scissors to cut them up quick and EZ.

7/27/2009 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.