Friday, June 26, 2009

To Tell the Truth -- or not!

Minnesota Matron (a kindred spirit in many, many ways) tagged me with a unique meme. This one has to do with the Seven Deadly Sins, but in a rather interesting fashion. Here's how it works.

The meme is sinful: "Sometimes you can learn more about a person by what they don't tell you. Sometimes you can learn a lot from the things they just make up. If you are tagged with this meme, lie to me. Then tag 7 other folks and hope they can lie."

Pride
What is your biggest contribution to the world?
The Internet. Twitter and Plurk, mostly. You didn't know I'd helped? I let Al Gore take the credit. He needed a boost on his resumer more than I did.

Envy
What do your coworkers have that you wish were yours?
Clothes. Designer suits, expensive pumps, all from major department stores, dry-clean only of course.

Gluttony
What did you eat last night?
Imported foods, pumped heavily with chemicals and hormones, all brought in from great distances and at great expense.

Lust
What really lights your fire?

Brett Favre in purple. Snort. Snicker...coffee out the nose...couldn't do it. I couldn't say that with a straight face!!


Greed
Name something you hoard and keep from others.
Plastic shopping bags.


Sloth
What is the laziest thing you ever did?
Left the fireplace mantel undecorated for months. Oh, wait, that one's true!

Anger
What really, really bugs you?
Memes. (rotflol)

This meme reminds me of Opposite Day, the game where kids will do and say the opposite of what's true for as long as they can handle it. Even Spongebob has attempted Opposite Day!


I'm to tag seven other bloggers to complete the meme. Okay, folks, opposite time! I tag Michelle at Scribbit, Kristin from Going Country, Earth Muffin, Kristin at Halfway to Normal (she's so sincere; this might be hard on her!), Flea (she may have already done this meme, but she's so hilarious I can't take a chance on missing her), and Jenn of Mommy Needs Coffee. Wait, that's only six. Anyone else who hasn't done it yet, take a chance!

Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Flea said...

What fun! Thank you! I'll do this one and set it to post next Tuesday. :)

You know I can't resist a good meme!

6/26/2009 3:57 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Ah thanks! :)

And Brett Favre in purple? Really? :)

6/27/2009 12:59 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Lol - what an interesting meme!

6/27/2009 4:50 AM  
Blogger Kristin @ Going Country said...

Why, thank you for thinking of me. I'm not really into memes, though. Besides, I feel I must follow George Washington's good example on this one: I cannot tell a lie.

(Which is totally a lie, of course.)

6/27/2009 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.