Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Salsa: fresh from the garden

Disclaimer: I haven't made this yet. I found it in our wellness newsletter and decided to copy it for my collection. I didn't plan cilantro, but I can buy some at the farm market. I did plant green bell peppers, jalapeno chili peppers, and (of course) tomatoes. We always have onion in the produce drawer.

The best part is the last line: "Modify to your liking!" As always, I welcome your suggestions. Avocado, perhaps? Black beans? Bring it on, bloggy friends!

Fresh Salsa
Ingredients:
2 Ripe Tomatoes (diced)
2 Green Bell Peppers (diced)
1 White Onion (diced)
Fresh Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Jalapeno Chili Pepper (diced)

Combine all ingredients and chill in the refrigerator. Modify the ingredients to your liking!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Average Jane said...

That sounds a lot like my salsa recipe, except that I don't use green pepper and I add some cumin powder. It's delicious!

6/09/2009 7:16 AM  
Blogger MUD said...

Lime juice and a little salt. Have you tried to make a sweet salsa? We do one with mangos and asian pears. MUD

6/09/2009 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for salsa season!

6/09/2009 7:39 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

Mmm...black beans, definitely, and maybe some corn. The cilantro would be great!

6/09/2009 7:56 AM  
Blogger Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I always love to meet new blogging friends!

The salsa sounds yummy...I love salsa...it's the chips that will get you..haha

Stay Cozy, Carrie

6/09/2009 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd add black beans and red pepper, reducing the green pepper. Yummmmmm...

6/09/2009 8:19 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Matron said...

Num! This officially goes in the Matron's recipe box!

6/10/2009 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.