Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Potential: herbs in their new home



Hmmm... no green yet. Soon, though. This nice holder and pot are right outside the door to the dining room. We can slip out to harvest herbs while we're cooking; it'll take only seconds.



In fact, here's the long view. The chair in the background has potential of its own. It's an old one with a couple of spindles missing, not very strong overall. Perfect: for a plant holder. Husband plans to cut a hole in the seat, and then I'll paint it to match or coordinate with the deck. I'll do my best to keep it solid colors; polka dots won't be quite as becoming on this style of furniture.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks SO sweet--and I love a bare canvass of good rich soil!

6/10/2009 9:41 AM  
Blogger Flea said...

I LOVE the chair in the background! What a great idea!

6/10/2009 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't garden much anymore, but I do keep trying to grow herbs!

6/10/2009 10:56 AM  
Blogger Earth Muffin said...

Love the chair idea! And you've inspired me...we've never had good luck with indoor herb gardening, but might be able to handle a small outdoor one. Thanks!

6/10/2009 2:01 PM  
Blogger Karen Deborah said...

I like your blog, so are you a teacher? I enjoyed your book review farther down. the promises of a garden are thrilling I may get to pick some of our first squash tomorrow!

6/10/2009 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.