Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In Which totally meaningless moments make my day

I can't tell you about my day. I've tried and tried, but it just comes out sounding whiny and petulant. Instead, I'll tell you about the trivial items: the things that don't matter, or shouldn't matter.

Random act of kindness: I found the copy machine in mid-job running packets for someone and out of paper. I refilled it, let the packets finish, and then did my copying. And then - I left my book in the copy room. Urgh.

Lunch time entertainment: third grader down the hall who doesn't even know me came up, called me by name (teachers' names are common knowledge), and showed me her loose tooth. "Look, I know it's going to come out today!" Fifteen minutes later (on my way to the copy room), I saw her in the post-lunch line holding a little envelope and sporting a huge grin. She was right; the wiggly tooth had only lasted a few more minutes!

Two kiddos got sick within minutes of each other this morning. The first came back after having her temp taken, but felt a little under the weather all day. The second went home looking flushed and feeling feverish. Fifth Disease is running through the school; I wonder if she had/has it. It's highly contagious, so I might be next. Flu? Who needs it? We have plenty of viruses in our own without letting any flying piggies in.

I made myself coffee (saves me money; I do this a lot) and brought it to school in a small thermos. It's the perfect size - about two mugs of decent coffee. Then I left the thermos at school. Sigh; I can use my backup insulated mug. I just don't want to carry both home tomorrow after school.

Amigo's Concert Attire is due tomorrow. He'll have to dress casual/dressy for the final concert in another week. Will he know how? We'll see. Could be fun! I always enjoy his concerts.

And finally, last but never least, I planted zucchini squash after school. Beans, peas, and squash are now in. Rain? Bring it on!

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I love reading your blogs about teaching because my hubby is a teacher.

Today is his birthday and his homeroom found out and sang to him. :)

It's easy to pick out the good teachers by what there students do for them. I bet you are very loved. :)

5/13/2009 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is time for summer vacation to begin.

5/14/2009 9:06 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Sunshine State said...

The wiggly tooth story made me smile.

5/14/2009 2:28 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Not too many more frustrating days left before school's out right? And I'll take some of that zucchini if you have an over abundance. Zucchini bread is the only way I can get Spike to eat veggies!!

5/14/2009 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.