Saturday, February 07, 2009

Linky love.
Memes.
Bloggy awards.
Respect. Sharing. Respect.
Oh, I said that already.

I'm a casual blogger, one who writes for enjoyment and because it's cheaper than therapy. I thrive on the writing process and the feedback (albeit light) in comments. I read many other blogs, too, most of them personal in nature.

Back to respect. I wouldn't dream of quoting another blogger without credit. If I think enough of a statement that I want to quote it, I'd better credit the blogger and provide a link. Better yet, I'll send a quick email to the blogger. I'm not a gossip, a tattler. Any dirt I'm digging is real, not figurative (and right now it's covered with a thick blanket of snow and rabbit tracks). If I refer to other bloggers, they'll be proud to find themselves here amidst the snow-covered compost.

This movement to Respect the Blogger is spearheaded by Kelly at Don Mills Diva. You can read the basic post here; find the back story of her experience with so-called mainstream journalism here.

Blogging can be fun, casual, intimate, personal, and a whole lot more. But if you're quoting the Compostermom, you'd better give me at least a link.


Labels:

Digg! Stumble It! add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Am going to have to read that post.

You are right on when you say "Respect the blogger!" Yeay. Love that badge.

2/07/2009 1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Daisy.

Sorry I was working on some Parent bloggers network stuff and am signed in under them. Its really, me, Lisa (from Midwestern Mommy)

2/07/2009 1:02 PM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

YAY - thanks for your support Daisy!

Linking you up now...

2/09/2009 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Smile!

Search & Win

About 1 in 5 child deaths is due to injury. CDC Vital Signs www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns

Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.

Copyright, 2003-2008 by OkayByMe. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Daisy, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma and my lawyers you might deal with.